Dr. George provides full evaluations for patients interested in qualifying for the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP). We work with patients that want to adhere to the rules set by the State of Oregon. We do not promote the sale or abuse of medical marijuana like some other clinics around the state do. We are a medical office and we do not provide seeds, plants, clones, bud, or any other form of cannabis.
To apply for the OMMP, we require you to complete our Eligibility Questionnaire to insure that you are a potential candidate for the program. We also require the last two years of medical records from all your medical providers, such as your primary care doctor, specialists, hospital, etc. Your records must document what your current medical problem(s) are and must show visits to your doctor within the last 12 months.
The normal fee to the OMMP office in Portland is $200. Discounts are available if you have:
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP) or SNAP (food stamps); then your fee is only $100.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI; which is not Social Security or disability), then your fee is only $20.
- If you specify another person to be your grower, there is an extra $50 registration fee too.
Our fee for completing your evaluation, reviewing records, discussing treatment options, and performing a comprehensive physical at our office is as follows:
- *** See new pricing on next page! ***
- Patients with financial hardships or those traveling long distance to our clinic could qualify for a reduced fee. Call us to inquire.
- If you're looking for better medical service with more professionalism, come see the care our patients enjoy without all the drama.
Remember that Dr. George personally:
- reviews your medical records, unlike some clinics that use untrained and uncertified volunteers.
- performs your physical examination, not some Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- gives you additional medical advice relevant to your whole medical condition, not just your cannabis related qualifying condition(s).
Be aware that there are multiple abuses taking place within the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. Growers are the most common abusers of the program, but caregivers and patients also are guilty of abuses. Clinics that require you to sign up with their growers and other such abuses are also occurring around the state. You have the right to select your own grower and should not be "assigned" to someone you do not know. You have the right to know where your grow site is. These are typical abuses by some clinics that keep you out of the "loop." If you choose to follow "their rules," then you are signing away your rights, and you will probably pay the consequences. Remember, you have been warned.
For additional information, check out: